“GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS”
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” –Lamentations 3: 22-24
We wish each of you the Lord’s faithful presence and blessing as we enter 2023–some of you in the middle of optimism and good circumstances and others living out personal loss and extremely hard circumstances. But ALL of us truly “born again” in Christ Jesus can enter this new year with the hope and assurance that come with our real relationship with the One True God. The above verses found in Lamentations served as the basis for Thomas Chisholm’s famous prayer & hymn, GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS. What a good reason to go forward in God in the middle and with a continually renewed spirit!
Speaking of “continually renewed” spirits, we so give the Lord thanks for your faithful prayers and support!!
We arrived Sunday, January 1st, in Chile and we look forward to these next 2½ months of being able to personally connect to his faithful guidance of Chile Mission’s work in Chile. Again, thank you for doing your part! Jack even now has his renewed Chilean ID card in hand, so TYL!! We have several significant developments to share with you that need prayer….
ON THE BODEUCA CAMP PROPERTY, two main works are in process:
- The drawing of the subdivision of the land’s 30 northernmost acres has now been completed and is ready to submit to SAG, the Chilean governmental agency that governs such issues in the rural parts of the country. While this step does not affect the camp’s ongoing development, it does leave the northern 30 acres of our camp property ready for future development and sale. We are looking at all sources of financial resources to help financially sustain the on-going development of the camp.
- Abraham is supervising the work of two excavating machines to level and improve the public access road passing in front of the property and also to fill ravines and low areas within the camp property. Seen below, an excavator can literally transform any section of land!
There is much work left to do with this type of heavy machinery and the cost of renting the two machines and their operators for two weeks in December cost just under $5,000 (USD). One of the two operators, Rodolfo, has grown up doing such work and knows of some excavators in good condition for sale, leading us to an important opportunity to consider. Rodolfo will investigate and test these machines. The cost of good, used excavators is no small investment and should we buy one it will mean also hiring Rodolfo to continue with the needed changes to the camp property. From observing him these past two weeks, Abraham has a high opinion of Rodolfo’s work habits. As mentioned, we have much more work for the excavator ahead of us. As such, when not actively connected to this type of camp property work, we can rent out the machine and Rodolfo to others in the area at the cost we are paying now for such services. The monthly operation of one machine runs roughly $4,000 in contrast to almost $10,000 in income generated. Please pray with us for God’s guidance in making the decision.
While Abraham continues seeking a buyer for the Chevrolet pick-up, as pictured above our worker Juan has now finished soldering and installing a solid support framework for the rear bed of the mission’s newly purchased 2022 Toyota pick-up. Nice work, Juan!! We plan on insuring the truck and driving it to the camp property this month. In the meantime, Janine plans on traveling by bus to the camp property this week of January in order to help assess our immediate steps.
Abraham is also almost finished with the new bedroom and bathroom added on to the end of their house. TYL!! That is good, as we await the arrival of Mark, a new friend from the States who is due to arrive in Chile on January 9th to visit and help work with us on the camp property. Mark, now retired, regularly makes short term mission trips to help others and we’re grateful to receive him in Chile. With God’s blessing he will come again to lend a hand. J
Are you retired and have a skill or experience to lend in helping us go forward on our rural camp property?? We can use you here!! The Lord works in wonderful ways, doesn’t he??!!
Abraham continues seeking a buyer for the Chevy pickup. It’s in good condition and is a valued form of transportation in rural Chile. We are anxious to start using our Toyota truck, more suited for the country back roads.
IN SANTIAGO new guests continue to arrive to the mission site in Santiago as well. It is gratifying to be able to house and spiritually support all who arrive! Presently with us are:
- Jordan & Laura, the parents of Matías, their 2 month-old baby boy born with a congenital virus known as CMV. As with other infants and children, this very serious virus is typically treated in Santiago hospitals. Laura basically lives at the hospital to continue breast-feeding Matías. Their family is pictured here below.
- Dina is a middle-aged woman who has been waiting years for a hip replacement. She was told to come to Santiago to schedule the surgery, and after waiting here for a month, the surgery is set for this Saturday, January 7th.
- Also with us is Rocio, a fifteen-year-old who came to Santiago to correct her scoliosis. She’ll be here for 10 days recovering and resting.
Thank you for praying for Matías & family, Dina, & Rocio and also for Dominíc, who continues forward at home, but with some problems with his feeding tube.
While here in Santiago we hope to continue to make more progress with Julián on all issues having to do with our Misión Chile (Chile Mission) Foundation. We anticipate having to sign documents related to needed legal changes. Please pray with us for God’s guidance in making the decision
Seen here, our worker Carlos is also almost finished with the periodic (every three years) sanding and re-staining of the wood-sided second floors of the houses and multi-purpose back building on the Santiago mission site. He’s an excellent worker!
Praising, praying, and fasting in our “ETERNALLY FAITHFUL” ONE, TRUE GOD,