“PRAYER-POWERED Kingdom Work”
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. –1 Thess. 1:11-12
Paul’s New Testament letters to churches and individuals contain both his prayers for them and many reminders that he regularly prays for them. He exhorts them to pray for each other and also asks for their prayers for himself. Paul knew that God was their source of power and results. In his letters Paul prays both as an individual and as part of a “team”, often using the pronouns we and us, as he does in the above letter to the Thessalonians. (A great hint for us churches.) 😊
We also now pray to the same One, True God as our source of power and results. Without him, we are “on our own” and with him in the middle, we are able to live as Christians and do his work. Both God’s Word and prayer will always be essential components of Christian living and Kingdom work (Eph.6:10ff). You churches and individuals are in our prayers and we SO thank you for your steady prayers for Chile Mission and for us! Thank you!!
ADVANCEMENTS IN PROCESS
At our camp property:
- Abraham continues to communicate with Coelcha, the electric company responsible for moving of our electric lines. We paid them in full for the project in February but they say that they are quite behind because of Chilean governmental quarantine lock-downs. In the meantime the winter rainy season in middle and southern Chile is about to begin later this month which could quite possibly put the project off until September. Thank you for praying. The relocation of the electric lines is essential for our future projects, so we are doing some more investigative work with getting an architect, talking with the governmental entities to set the stage for future development. He and Paola are in communication about permits and other requirements applying to construction out in rural areas.
- We are no closer to coming to an agreement with Rosa regarding the border between our properties. Abraham is handling the situation well, and we pray for a resolution of the disagreement.
- Abraham has finished the construction of the covered parking area behind their house, complete with a covered deck to enjoy in nice weather. He is also in June having a winch installed on his pick-up truck. This will be a blessing in freeing himself and others from deep mud on the country roads. We’re grateful for the improvement of road trouble spots completed by the municipality.
- Our Foundation’s legal changes continue in process, but we have good news in other areas: the Foundation now has its own checking account and Paola has contracted with an accountant to complete the necessary steps to comply with all associated government reporting requirements for foundations and their finances. In addition, Paola applied for and received government funding of the three Foundation salaries we pay monthly—hers, Joherlit’s and Abraham’s. We will receive this subsidy benefit through the end of the year. TYL!!
- We asked for prayer for the young Venezuelan pregnant woman staying at our ministry site while waiting for her flight back to Venezuela to be with her family. We’re happy to report that she did return to her country, as we continue to pray for her pregnancy. She is due in July.
In the U.S.:
Speaking of praying for pregnancies we have one more to add to your list. Julian and Devyn are expecting the birth of their first child, a boy, due September 6th. We are excited for them, as we pray for a safe pregnancy and birth. Here is a recent photo:
We are working on the house we purchased in CA and will continue to do so until mid-June, when Jayme’s wife Malia finishes her three-year medical residency. Congrats, Malia!! After attending that special event in Alabama we are scheduled to fly to Chicago to begin readying our IN house for sale.
Due to the current lockdown situation in Chile, Janine is in the process of renewing her resident visa. This has entailed having documents sent from Chile as well as providing copies of other documentation. We are waiting to hear the outcome—hopefully, good news. That will give her up to a year to return. At the same time, we look forward to returning to Chile as soon as the Chilean government relaxes its strict entrance and exiting restrictions for Chileans and permanent residents. We pray that they would do so in the coming months.
We again thank you for all your steady prayers–they are greatly appreciated!
Praising, praying, and fasting to our PRAYER-EMPOWERED Kingdom God,