INTO JANUARY 2015 AND BEYOND…
Thank you all again for your prayer support which continues to buoy us up and help accomplish God’s plans in Chile! As we continue in those good plans and purposes through us in Chile we are reminded of Jesus’ summary of the ten commandments summarized in two: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. –Mark 12: 30-31 What a tremendously powerful message for all Christians, as God leads on.
Prayer specifics going into 2015 include:
- Imminent issuance of our Foundation status in Chile.
- Designation of a Chilean man or woman to direct the children’s work forward.
- Arrival of Chilean Christian couple(s) as first new house parents.
- Arrival of abandoned children to live in our mission houses with those house parents.
- Growth and going forward of the church, Iglesia Cristiana Jesús es El Camino.
- Formation of the board that will lead in the development and direction of the new children’s camp.
- Determination of exact design of the camp property and initiation of first steps in land development.
- Make-up and visitation of groups from supporting churches.
- Development of “Christian coaching” in encouraging and aiding men freed from drug & alcohol addiction restore their lives and families.
- Rental/purchase of off-site house or property for Jack and Janine.
- The successful re-initiation of English Club TESL outreach and relationship development. (We are seeking someone to come and guide this effective ministry.)
We do have one additional specific prayer request having to do with my (Jack’s) health. I have a condition in which my bone marrow is producing less and less white blood cells. It’s been below normal for at least two years, but recently, the reading has been going down fast. As our son Julian explained, a blood count can be a little lower for a variety of reasons, but the recent changes need to be looked into. Based on the readings, I have neutropenia, associated with the low count.
I am here in LA and receive free care through the VA facility nearby. I am scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy on Jan. 7 and until then I have been advised to avoid unnecessary contact with others who might compromise my health. The bone marrow test should give us a diagnosis, and then we can determine treatment, hopefully in Chile!! Janine is planning to go back to Chile immediately following the biopsy results and I will follow, barring the need to undergo immediate treatment here. We’re also checking out nutritional factors that I might want to put in place, such as a gluten-free diet. We’ll be sure to keep you posted and thanks for your prayers.
Praising, praying, and fasting with you in our “Total Package” God,