“Missionaries one and all!”
1 Peter 1:18-20 Christ was chosen by God before creation
John 3:16-17 Christ was sent by God
Matt. 28:18-20 The disciples were chosen and sent by Christ
1 Peter 2:9-10 WE ALL are chosen by God
2 Cor.5:18-20a WE ALL are sent by God
All of the above verses define LOVE God’s way. We know that missionaries are sent out from churches to other countries, cultures and languages, willing to give their all. At the same time, God’s grand mission to rescue and reconcile the world is even much bigger, as WE ALL have been chosen and sent to take the Good News of Jesus Christ to all places near and far. A good place to start may be inviting someone to a church service, and as always, on-going prayer for that person needs to be right in the middle of it all! No wonder we are encouraged in Eph.6:18-20 to continually pray for one another!
To ALL you prayer-partnering fellow missionaries we give thanks! We so need each other’s prayers. AMEN AND PTL!!
August CHILE prayers and praises:
- Last month we celebrated the re-location of the electric poles and lines on the camp property. We now look forward to and pray for their final connection with the transformer and the electric meters. As usual, Coelcha isn’t naming a date. 😊¿? (the Spanish version of question marks)
- The Google Meet visual call on July 6th between us in Indiana, Paola in Santiago, Abraham in middle Chile, and Matías, the potential architect in southern Chile, went very well! We want to hire Matías to help us with the placement and final design of what we construct. We are still so grateful for the initial visit of EMI (Engineering Ministries International) in Feb. 2020, in which they walked the land and planned and designed structures and systems with us in the development of our camp property. Matías has their final report in hand, which will help immensely with his actual work with us. His masters degree is in landscape architecture, emphasizing country settings, so we think he will be a good fit. He will be coming to Bodeuca in the coming weeks to meet with Abraham and go forward with us from there.
- We, too, look forward to meeting with Matías and Abraham when we return to Chile at the end of August. We are grateful that Chile seems to be relaxing their control of the entrance and exit of citizens and permanent residents (like us). They now require those entering and leaving to be fully vaccinated and there is a catch…. while we both will have a scan code on our cellphones documenting that we have indeed been vaccinated, the Chilean government has not concluded that they will recognize such scans from other countries. We hope to be able to enter, move around, and leave within about a month. We already know that we will have to quarantine for 10 days, with daily governmental visits to insure we are complying. Thank you, Lord, for looking after such details. 😊
- Paola, our paid onsite manager in Chile, is Columbian and has just left for six weeks to visit her family there. It’s been over one year that she’s seen them due to covid, and we pray for a safe and blessed time for her visit with her family and newly born niece.
- We have a new “guest” member of the Chile camp team. Her photo is here below. A Christian friend not far from our land bought the horse for his granddaughter and, due to his final days of battling brain cancer (Thank you Lord for our eternal home!!), he preferred to have the horse with us. Interestingly, both of his sons-in-law were schoolmates of Abraham and our son Jayme in Santiago and they have remained friends.
August Stateside prayers and praises:
- As we wait for our flights to Chile we will be spending time in continuing work on our house in California to get it ready to live in. We haven’t been there for six weeks and are looking forward to making more progress. We are very grateful for attentive and helpful neighbors!
Praising, praying, and fasting to our CHOOSING AND SENDING ONE, TRUE GOD,