“EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!”
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. –John 3:16-18
This month we join all of you in celebrating and commemorating the United States independence as a sovereign country, as originally penned in the Declaration of Independence and then won through SEVEN YEARS OF WAR AND LOSS OF SO MANY LIVES. While the United States will always be evolving into that country described in the Declaration of Independence, it continues to be a beacon of light and freedom to the rest of the world. Our prayers for our country and testimony as Christians are so needed!
The bigger question remains. Is it possible to be “free and independent” and yet still live in chains? The answer, of course, is YES. So many today will not know TRUE freedom simply because they do not believe in Jesus as Savior and Lord. We Christians have that most important REAL freedom living inside of us to share with an unbelieving “free” world. Let’s keep praying for, encouraging, and giving thanks for each other as we celebrate THIS July 4th!! ALL PEOPLE EVERYWHERE need The Best News of Jesus, as their forever life and future depend on it. There are so many ways to share him, and we so appreciate your prayers for God’s work through us in Chile!
July CHILE Prayers and praises:
- We have a HUGE PRAISE to share about Coelcha, the electric company responsible for moving of our electric lines. They arrived at our camp property the last week of June to announce that they would be returning to remove and re-locate the electric lines from the middle of our planned lake area, and TODAY, JUNE 30TH, they did arrive to begin installing the new posts in their new location!! TYL!! This also means that our next building steps can go forward. THANK YOU FOR PRAYING WITH US these many months!! We have been waiting a long time for them to respond—especially since we had to prepay the $9,000 cost of the project this past February. Below are two photos and next month we’ll have more to show.
- We will be doing a Google Meet visual call on July 6th between us in Indiana, Paola in Santiago, Abraham in middle Chile, and the architect in southern Chile that will be helping us with the final designs of what we will be constructing on our camp property. Please pray with us for a fruitful meeting.
- We continue to pray for a final agreement with Rosa on the location of the border between our properties. She has refused to work with Abraham, preferring to wait for our arrival.
- Thank you, Lord, that the renewal of Janine’s permanent residency was approved by the Chilean consulate in Los Angeles! She was scheduled to return to Chile in May, but the country’s tight covid restrictions and lockdowns prevented that. Praying for the relaxation of those restrictions, we both now hope to return to Chile this August or September.
- Thank you as well, Lord, that in the meantime we can continue our weekly meetings via WhatsApp with both Paola in Santiago and Abraham on the rural camp property.
July Stateside Prayers and praises:
- We are grateful for continuing progress made on the house in California. Finishing the grouting of the floors, texturing & painting walls and ceilings, and the installation of kitchen cabinets and appliances are our three main areas to concentrate on. TYL!
- We shared last month about Devyn’s (due Sept. 6th) pregnancy in Houston. We just learned that Jayme and Malia in Birmingham, AL are expecting their third child one week before Christmas! She did recently graduate from her 3-year “Family Practice” medical residency and we give God many thanks. It is important to include pregnancies in our prayers. In this photo taken at her graduation, Malia’s father, Patrick, is on the left. Havalah is 5 and Matthias is 3.
Returning to our July focus on Spiritual Liberty, did you know that almost one third of Chileans doubt the existence of God and over one third of Chileans consider themselves to be un-affiliated with religion in general? At the same time, according to Barna and Gallup polls, only two thirds of U.S. adults and 40% of U.S. teens believe in God with absolute certainty, only half of Americans consider themselves Christians, and less than half of Americans belong to a “house of worship”. The above photo shows where we can find people today as they pursue life outside of the church. Sadly, physical life is all too short and so often ends abruptly without warning.
It would seem that the “EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT” headline really does apply to the GOOD NEWS OF JESUS in the U.S., in Chile, and in all the world!! We, the Church, are the hope of the world!
Praising, praying, and fasting to and through our John 3:16-18, True Independence JESUS,