“Glory to God in the Highest!!”
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.” –Luke 2:13-14
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of the darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. –2 Cor. 4:6
Jesus came to earth in human form in the most-humble of circumstances, born of Mary, a virgin, by the power of the Holy Spirit. He came to reconcile all who believe in him with God himself, and he now continues to live in all believers through the power of the same Holy Spirit that we might be his light in the world. We live his glory and show his light and warmth that live in us with others. As the first photo exclaims, ALL of God’s works are to his glory. We hope you can also feel the light and warmth of the fire pit located on the deck behind Abraham’s & Catalina’s house on the camp property in rural Chile, just as Jesus in and through us would be the same for others. THANK YOU LORD FOR JESUS’ BIRTH AND LIFE IN ALL BELIEVERS and Merry Christmas to you all!!
As always, we SO appreciate your prayers for us and for Chile Mission!
PRAISES, GRATITUDE, & PRAYER NEEDS
- We received word from Paola that the government approved the change of our Foundation’s name from “Residencia Familia Cristiana” (Christian Family Residence) to “Misión Chile” (Chile Mission). We are both grateful and excited, as the new name much better reflects the new and growing diversity of ministries that the Foundation represents in different parts of the country. TYL!! and thanks for praying with us for the name change. The process took roughly one and one half years and Paola’s ongoing diligence.
- We can now apply to increase the number of board members from four to five, along with making other legal changes to the Foundation’s statutes. Of course, we’re praying for much faster results. J We will now be able to finish setting up a Spanish-speaking website under the same name and complete paperwork for the foundation to receive donations from different businesses.
- The mission property in Santiago has also seen an increase this past month in the number of those coming to Santiago because of immediate and/or ongoing, complicated medical situations. Each case represents specific prayer needs, such as with 15 year-old Sofia, who has severe scoliosis and was just operated on to insert 15 rods in her spinal area, and with Evelyn, in her complicated pregnancy with twins. Unfortunately, she miscarried the twins. We now pray for God’s touch and others’ help in her life and difficult loss. Sofia lives in middle Chile and Evelyn lives in the southern part of the country. Our staff looks in places where those that have stayed on our Santiago mission property have come from for churches that might be able to come alongside them there. With the worst behind her, the photo shows a grateful Sofia just arrived home to continue the long process of mending.
In rural, middle Chile,
- With Chile now approaching summer, we pray that the Coelcha electric company will soon remove the old electric lines and fully connect the new ones now installed and operating on our camp land. We’re grateful for this last remaining step in order to fully tackle the digging of a lake on the property in the coming months. The company has been waiting for dry ground below the wires in order to finish.
- We are also praying for future donations and contributions needed to proceed with the development of the camp property: heavy equipment for digging, contacts for Chilean donations to help pay for the digging of the lake, and the building of the property’s first new building to house supplies, vehicles & equipment, and provide offices with bathrooms and space to work. The new building will allow us to tear down the present adobe structure used for storage.
- Abraham also continues to make area contacts and investigate the acquiring of animals and cultivation of crops. Thanks for praying with us for these advancements.
With Chile in general,
- Chile’s Covid-related restrictions and rules continue to change monthly. New regulations seem to be requiring both vaccinations plus the booster to travel freely within the country. At the same time, the “mobility pass” is being eliminated, allowing people to leave Chile solely with a pcr test and without restrictions. As with the entire world, it appears that Covid in all of its variations will be an ongoing reality to deal with.
- Our return to Chile is set for December 30th, with plans to stay there through to sometime in March. As always we “pray our trip forward”, asking God to open necessary contacts and bring about progress in his work through Chile Mission, in addition to blessing our travels.
In the U.S.,
- This year’s ICOM missions conference in Richmond VA was blessed in many ways! The speakers were excellent, our Chilean-made marble figure sales were higher than we expected, and several “God-provided” new people relationships were put in place and existing friend relationships renewed. The ICOM is designed to equip Christians and mobilize the Church in extending the good news of Jesus to an unbelieving world so in need of him. PTL!! Have you considered praying for ICOM year round? The ICOM staff works hard and does a great job! Next year’s conference will be held next November in Columbus OH.
We close with gratitude and a prayer request for the final couple weeks of Malia’s pregnancy in Alabama and safe delivery of their third child, due in mid-December. Jayme, Malia, and Havi (5) & Matthias (3) are excited at the impending welcoming of their new brother or sister.
Praising, praying, fasting, and giving glory to God in the highest for a given and born Jesus Christ!!