“WE are new…. from now to eternity”
New Year’s resolutions can be good, giving us a fresh and new, or renewed commitment to change habits and achieve goals. On the other hand, I (Jack) had some very unfulfilled results doing the above at different times in my life.😊😊 Most of us can say the same.
Are we perhaps missing out on the TRUE new beginning that God has already given us to live? It was Jesus’ sacrifice of his life to pay the penalty for every one of our and others’ sins that already makes our lives completely new and we now have the opportunity to serve that same Jesus and share God’s precious gift of forgiveness with all others, because it is WE who have been made new. It is our motivation that makes the difference and it begins with gratitude, not sheer will power! We truly are Christ’s ambassadors in this world, as without him there is no hope or salvation—only separation from God and the penalty of death for sin.
With and without resolutions, let’s all be his ambassadors in 2021… out of gratitude, of course. Thank you so much for your on-going prayers that help us in CHILE MISSON do exactly that!! Jesus promised that piercing the darkness comes with obstacles and persecution, but the results are totally worth it.
14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation. 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Cor. 5:14-19, living the newness of our Christianity! A page in Jack’s prayer journal:
January 4th Jack returns to Chile for roughly two months, amid quarantines and covid restrictions. Please pray for the following:
- His good health during the trip.
- We’ve been asking for prayer in recent Prayer Letters regarding our on-going conflict with Rosa over the boundaries of her 2 ½ acre of land at the entrance to our own property. She is still unwilling to accept the correctly done survey to identify the boundary of the line that divides our property from hers. Jack & Domingo will again meet with her to agree to divide the cost of a new survey that we and she will accept as accurate.
- Jack will spend time with Abraham to outline 2021 goals for further development of the land, including the improvement of the public road that always floods during the rainy winter season. We hope to obtain municipal cooperation and financial help in diverting the flow of water off of the road.
- Jack will meet with Domingo & Sandra regarding the camp’s vision and our approach to its structure that includes its all-important underlying Christian tenets, sources of financial support, and make-up and role of the board of directors. Complete unity on the above issues is fundamental in our partnership as we go forward together with the camp. Your prayers for this issue are very much appreciated!
- Jack and Paola will work together on setting up a Spanish version of the Chile Mission website, as well as reassess the priorities of her work with us.
In the meantime please continue praying for Janine as she prepares our Indiana house for sale. The young family renting the first floor of our house hope to be able to move to their new location by the end of January. Janine is also hunting via the internet for a house for us to buy in California, so that in future years we will be able to live near two of our children in Los Angeles.
Praising, praying, and fasting with you in Christ, The Source of our Newness and message of reconciliation,
Jack & Janine