“TODAY AND TOMORROW”
Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” James 4:13-15
Who could have foreseen four months ago the existence and impact of Coronavirus throughout virtually the entire world? There is hardly a side of life that it hasn’t impacted, with no peak or end in sight. Four months ago many of us carried out “life” with hardly a thought about God in that part of our life. All of our prayers need to be activated, especially for those families now without loved ones. The above verses in James’ letter have hit us in a harsh and real way. We might say that God has put the whole world on pause or at the very least has allowed this health crisis to transpire…. but perhaps too, we need this exact time to be “on pause”. No one not having lost a loved one to unexpected death or tragedy can begin to put themselves in the shoes of those families that have. It’s also the perfect time to re-think life.
This is a photo of the top half of our mission’s Chile business card. Its focus is on God’s love proved by Jesus’ sacrifice of himself for all of us. ALL of us are his focus. The first Sunday of April marks Palm Sunday, the last week of Jesus’ time on earth ending with his suffering and death on a cross for the sins of the whole world and reconciliation of all who come to him with God himself. It was an act of TOTAL LOVE extended to his creation, lost in sin, sickness, and tragedy of every kind. The second Sunday of April we celebrate together Jesus’ resurrection and victory over death, not just his but for all who believe in him. Yes, GOD IS GOD AND WE ARE NOT, but he is faithful in every way!
APRIL PRAYER & ACTION POINTS
- Pray for those we know who have lost loved ones and/or friends to the virus or be in danger of contracting the virus and for all those on the front line against it, such as medical workers, scientists, and others. Action point: Call them and/or send them a message.
- Pray that nations, communities, churches, politicians, and groups in general will find new ways to work together. So many people are out of work or in danger of losing their jobs. Action point: Be a catalyst.
- Pray for the return to oneness of marriages, families, and close friends. Satan is doing EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to divide and rip apart ALL such close relationships. Action point: Now is the time to remember the good and the strong points, to mutually forgive, and to come out stronger than ever together! And may the same One, True God who sent his one and only Son for that purpose receive all the glory. All of us need to be reconciled.
- We have been working at our land in middle Chile these last weeks, mostly on the small house on the property to make it live-able for the family that will take the lead on the land’s development and also make important contacts with neighbors, nearby churches, and others. Action point: Thank you for your on-going prayers for our continued good health and progress on the land! Here is a photo of the house and also of a beautiful rainbow we experienced:
- We have been asking the Lord to lead us to the right family to live in the house, and he has led us to Abraham, Catalina, & 9-month-old daughter Abril (April in English 😊). Abraham was a classmate of our son Jayme in Chile. He’s humble, a Pastor, and has studied construction. They as a family have been living and working in southern Chile churches and are now available to work with us. They have yet to see the land, but feel God’s hand in this opportunity. Action point: Give thanks for our communications with them and pray with us that God’s will be done.
- We, as have many across the globe, have had to learn how to have important meetings as a team and with others via What’s App and Skype. Let us all mutually pray for each other, that the Lord blesses all such communications.
Praising, praying, and fasting with you in our Today AND tomorrow Faithful AND Reconciling God,
Dear Brother and Sister:
Even in the midst of this worldwide crisis, your faith and hope stand out! Such good news that our God has provided a family to help out in your multi-faceted ministry there in Chile.
BRCC and myself, personally continue to pray for your labors for Christ!
God’s Love and Mine,