For I (Paul) received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes. –1 Cor. 11: 23-26
Jesus knew the importance of our remembering his sacrifice for all mankind. Just as the United States is better able to continue forward with its purposes and identity as a country by remembering and appreciating the sacrifice of military lives each Memorial Day, the Lord’s Supper helps us Christians both remember and appreciate our reconciliation to God through Jesus, as well as take us forward “on track” with purpose and identity.
It’s the same with steady “kingdom-related” prayer…. As we remember and appreciate God’s past responses to our prayers, we gain strength to faithfully continue forward with purpose and identity. We really appreciate your prayer support of God’s on-going purposes accomplished through CHILE MISSION!! Your past and present prayers continue to mean so much. We realize that “summer sun, fun, and trips” are vying for your attention. Thank you!
Your prayers have helped shape the following:
- Todd arrives in Chile on Monday, June 6, as a full-time member of the Chile Mission Team. As mentioned in the past, he will acclimate and connect and build relationships for the remainder of 2016, as well as head up the effective English Club pre-evangelistic outreach in the community. PTL!
- While in Concepción (six hours south of Santiago) the last weekend of May for the wedding of Willy’s and Karina’s daughter Rene (they make the popular marble figures that we market in the U.S. to help support our work with children), we ate lunch with Ramón and wife Lali. Ramón is the attorney who is handling the legal formation of the Foundation that will carry out the work of the Christian Center and Camp in that area of the country. We also attended their church on Sunday. The wording for the articles of incorporation is underway. Please pray for all contacts God would arrange this month with regard to this ministry.
- Also underway is the search for a director of the Children’s Residence in Santiago. The board has recently made contact with a woman who is very involved with children’s works in Chile. She knows of some possible contacts and will be in Santiago in mid-June to meet with us. An ad has also been placed on the website of the country-wide Christian radio station.
- Our process of moving in to our new rental house There is still much to do, but by month’s end we should just be looking at small details to finish. We pray for good on-going relationship with the house’s owners—we’re off to a good start.
- We continue to seek the re-establishment of periodic opportunities to be in contact with twin sisters Millarai and Ana. Janine spoke with one of the coordinators of the Children’s home where the girls live and they will contact the girls’ half-sister where they spend their weekends to see about our getting together with them there. Milla continues in stable, cancer-free health, which is a praise!
As many of you have purchased marble figures from us, here below is a photo of the wedding of Rene and Rodrigo. Willy and Karina are pictured on the left.
Praising, praying, and fasting as we all serve our Past, Present, & Future Responding God,